Grilled Vegetable Orzo
Reported and Photographed by Rachel Pollard
Have left over grilled peppers? Make an Orzo Salad!
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped (don’t use frozen for this dish)
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped, or 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large red pepper and 1/4 large white onion, grilled (I tend to stick veggies in aluminum foil with a little oil on the grill for 8 minutes) and thick chopped
- 3 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled (can use reduced fat feta, just add a little more salt)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Boil water and cook orzo according to the box directions
In a large bowl, combine spinach, feta, tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt+pepper, and grilled veggies
Pour drained, but not rinsed orzo into the bowl. This will make the spinach wilt and the tomatoes warm up
Toss and serve
Can be refrigerated and served cold as well.