With all additives in food these days, it can be easy to suffer a break out. If you eat an ingredient that does not agree with you, it will take about 48 hours to show this “dislike” on your face. Yuck. Y&P’s advice? Stick to snacking on treats from the earth.
This week we will profile five, face-friendly foods that will have you pitching your packaged snacks.
Face-Friendly Food #1
The avocado is a flowering, fruit-bearing tree native to Central Mexico. It was referred to by the Aztecs as the “fertility fruit” because its shape resembled testicles…anyway, the health benefits for your skin are as followed:
- Vitamin C helps fight free radicals
- Vitamin E helps repair damaged cells
- Carotenoids help reduce redness and inflammation
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids help keep your skin supple
If you are on the go and need a quick, healthy snack try this:
- Half an avocado (allow the seed to stay in as it will help keep from browning)
- Score the half vertically then horizontally
- Sprinkle salt, crack some pepper
- If desired, add with a drizzle of lime juice or live oil
Nutritional value: Half an avocado has 160 calories, 15 grams of heart-healthy unsaturated fat, and only 2 grams saturated fat.*